Sunday, March 22, 2009

End of the Week....


Hola blog world. So today is Sunday March 22, 2009. And let me tell you i am exhausted. And i feel horrible that i haven't been keeping up with my beloved blog. I really didn't realize how different my little job would make my everyday schedule lol. I am sooo proud and grateful to be working and have completed my first week of work as a graduate lol but geeeze. 2 weeks ago i was a bum at home for 2 months blogging and sleeping and eating lol. This week that just passed i had to wake up at 6 everyday lol, and somebody might be reading this saying "oh please i always wake up at 6, Ive been doing it for so and so amount of years" whatever. I have spent the last 2 months being an in house hobo lol. Like i soo was not used to waking up in the morning, so being up that early has left me so exhausted. So exhausted that last night was Saturday and where was i? Home ! ! i stood home lol. And mind you , i had plans set up, but i was soooo tired i decided to stay in. For people who know me well, that's a miracle. Even for the parental units it was out of the normal for me lol, they asked me if i was ok lol. Oh man crazy guys, but i definitely am extremely grateful for that job and the people who i work with.

On Friday i continued learning more about my co-workers by just being open minded and non judgmental. Making that pledge to myself about not judging people was the best thing i have ever done. I've walked in to this new journey i call my job with an open mind and heart and have been able to meet some cool new people with their own very colorful stories. Some one i know has this saying, that "behind every heartbeat there is a story",hopefully i got it right lol , but yea its something like that. And that has rang so true for the people at my job. I know everybody in the world has stories for days about something they have been thru or going through. Believe me i know, my friends are prime examples of that. If you look at our pics on face book, we look like the fun party animals but after reading a book i wrote about them you wouldn't even believe some of the stuff they deal with and still keep smiles on their face. (I'll post my writing of them soon). Any way let me get back on track. On Friday i got in a little early and sat with my boss Tonya. After a while 2 other co- workers were there and we got into the conversation of food and nutrition and what not. Next thing you know my boss is telling us about her diet and why and in 2005 (which was only 4 years ago) she was diagnosed with breast cancer. And if you look at Tonya she looks like a very healthy black woman. Very thick in certain areas, firm and always energetic. You would never think she was a breast cancer survivor at all. Anyway she kept going on about her ordeal with breast cancer, the kemo, the surgeries, the appointments etc. Then she explained that she went in to talk about getting reconstructive surgery on her breast and they found another cancer in her abdomen. A totally new one separate from the breast cancer she just beat, called Gist cancer. I really was in complete shock, like my jaw dropped as she spoke to us. I couldn't believe that shit (excuse my french), i just couldn't. I didn't even believe the breast cancer thing and then on top of that Gist cancer, i never heard of that cancer before. Only 2,000 to 3,000 people a year get diagnosed with that cancer, that's how rare it is. And she was diagnosed with it after just getting over breast cancer. Tonya spoke with so much strength, she told us this story like it was nothing. Her voice didn't quiver at all, she wasn't sad, scared anything you would think a 2 time recent survivor would act. I'm laying here writing about her story and I'm getting a lil chocked up and she didn't get that way. In a 4 years span she had 2 different cancers and she was sitting with us as healthy as possible telling us the story. At the end she was saying that we didn't even understand how grateful she was for every waking moment in her life. And you know what, no one cant argue about the another persons level of being grateful. I wouldn't even dare because behind every heart beat there is a story and you would never know until someone tells you. At the end of her story she was laughing and said "I'm so grateful its Friday and not because the weekend is here but because i can be here to witness another Friday go by". And i was just AMAZED at her poise and strength this whole time. Since she interviewed me i always felt she was such a good person and cool and down to earth and i finally realized why. Friday March 20, 2009 and i was grateful for Friday....and not because of the weekend but because of what Tonya said. I was HERE and able to see another Friday go be...i hope people see and feel who strong that statement is and start taking life and living a little more seriously...

That Friday night i met up with Angie and friends and went out for drinks. I haven't seen Angie since graduation and seeing her was good. We caught up on life and it felt good. Its good taking time away from people...it leaves you with something to talk about lol. After drinks we went to KATRA and low and behold we bump in to Ray, running after his Ex-girlfriend lmaooo. That's a whole other blog within itself lol. Saturday as i said in the begining i spent the whole day at home for 2 reasons. one because i was exhausted and 2 because there was NO HOT WATER ! ! My parents are struggling to pay rent thats 2,650 and some change and there is no hot water like WTF ! ! Saturday March 21,2009 i was grateful for the roof over my head..even tho there wasnt any water lol...

and now im home on sunday layin in bed writing to you...whoever you are....




laterz world

No comments:

Post a Comment